We are looking for a Entry-Level to Junior level developer to join our team in Chicago. This applicant must be high potential, highly motivated and be awesome.
As a Gulo Developer, you will be working with a wide range of clients, and will working in with a small team, a project management, senior developer, designer and user-experience chief. This could include several interesting projects at any time.
The ideal developer will have a broad set of skills and be ready to dig in and do what it takes to solve our client’s needs. From building a new application from the ground up, to supporting existing clients with small bug fixes. You will get to gain awesome experience and hone your skills in a variety of disciplines.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (may be overlooked with strong GitHub body of work)
- Knowledge of principles of website and software development along with real world experience
- Experience as a developer
- Highly organized
- Interested and able to work in agency / startup environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Is a strong conceptual thinker
- Curiosity to learn and grow
- Strong LAMP Stack Chops
- MySQL and general SQL concepts and abstractions
- PHP and general language knowledge
- PHP Framework history, such as CakePHP, Laravel and Expression Engine
- Decent knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with Drupal
- Goose Island location, close to CTA Red Line: North Ave. /Clybourn, Clybourn Metra and Ashland / North Ave Bus stop
- Competitive base salary with optional bonus
- Ongoing education
- Opportunities to grow
- Half-day Fridays during the summer
- Take-it-as-you-want-it vacation policy that requires a minimum of two weeks off yearly and a maximum of ten paid time off (PTO)
- All government holidays (10 days per year) off
- Flexible scheduling; employees can be in between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.