Chicago-based digital agency is looking for a project manager that is interested in being part of a growing company.
We are looking for a professional project manager to oversee and facilitate website projects like digital strategy, user experience, website design, and digital marketing (SEO and CRO) campaigns.
Candidate must be an independent self-starter and have a burning desire to make a big impact at a small company.
- 5+ years of experience managing digital web projects.
- Proven knowledge of project management methodologies. PMP not required, but must show history of PM background.
- Better than working knowledge of Microsoft Project and ideally a working knowledge of Slack, Asana, Dropbox and WordPress.
- End-to-end website project management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of website development cycle
- Experience creating website project documents like statement of work (SOW) and project specification.
- Proven expertise in the digital space, including an understanding of information architecture, social media, content management systems and mobile.
- Ability to pick up a website project of any size at any point in the project lifecycle and drive it to an on-time, within-budget completion.
- Ability to manage project scope, time and budget with the client in an effective way.
The candidate best suited for this position must be able to prove they can:
- Apply critical thinking to challenges.
- Manage a team which includes creatives and developers.
- Manage individual projects while also being able to look at the portfolio of projects and forecast potential bottlenecks with resources.
- Manage client expectations.
- Report and communicate on the state of projects and what work needs to be done by the team.
- Work autonomously.
- Be diplomatic in sensitive situations including internal staff, but most importantly with clients.
- Be a leader with a desire to own the delivery of client projects from top to bottom.
- Talk about facets of the web in a strategic fashion, including UX/UI, design, web development and content strategy.
- Be flexible in a pinch. Have examples of when you were in a tight predicament with a client and how you managed it.
- Strong organization, prioritization, preparation, time management and planning skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Excellent writing and grammar.
- Proactive and assertive discovery and problem-solving orientation.
- Customer-centric mindset.
- Ability to receive instructions, communicate status, and manage appropriate expectations.
- Skills to manage a dynamic multi-task work environment.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Professional mindset and appearance.
Nice To Haves:
- Experience working with technical & creative people
- Experience with mid-market businesses
- Specific examples related to digital projects like UX / UI, website design, SEO and conversion optimization.
- Desire to be the driver for PM methodology within the company.
- Retirement matching
- Competitive base salary with optional bonus
- Ongoing education reimbursement
- Opportunities to grow
- Summer hours: half-day Fridays during the summer
- All government holidays (10 days per year) off
- Ten days paid time off (PTO); Take-it-as-you-want-it vacation policy
- Holiday shutdown: ~2 weeks off yearly that does not go against PTO
- Remote work options: flexible scheduling
- Office location off CTA Brown Line: Montrose and Ravenswood Metra
If you are interested in interviewing for this position, simply follow these steps:
- Include a cover letter with your application. The cover letter should be thoughtful and specific to this job posting.
- Attach a resume that is customized to this job listing.
- Include your salary requirements for the position.
Any submissions that do not follow these steps will not be considered.
Email resume and application requirements to: email@example.com